Psychology 101: Informal
Learning and Technology
Check if you can commit to the class
To commit to the class you must:
- want to help, work with, and care about Barrios Unidos
- have time to spend at Barrios Unidos 2 hours twice a week
either on Tuesdays and Thursdays or Wednesdays and
- write field notes via specially created class Web on
Internet within 24 hours of Barrios Unidos session;
- participate in class and Web discussions of literature
and site issues;
- read all messages and field notes;
- read defined minimal number of the assigned articles;
- complete final papers;
- taking Psych.3 and 10 or Education 92B as prerequisites
(or talk with the Instructor); and
- enroll for both Psych 101 (5 units) and Psych 101A (2
We recommend also to check Estimated
class workload per week.
The following skills are plus for the class:
- having experience of working with elementary school
- speaking and reading Spanish;
- participating in field studies in past;
- familiarity with children's computer and non-computer
- familiarity with telecommunication, local nets (Novell
3.1.2), networking, Windows 95, IBM compatible computers,
e-mail, and using Internet browsers.
Enrollment is limited to 32 students.
[ Back to Syllabus ]
For comments and questions contact the Instructor Eugene Matusov.
©1996. Last changed: September 05, 2001